I was in a crowd when
suddenly I felt a hand tapping on my shoulders. Am I dreaming? I can't believe
that a rabbit with a watch is in front of me. And it is talking. :O
"My dearest, my
master wants to talk to you. Be in the hall at 1PM. He needs you there.” the
rabbit said.
The rabbit didn't let me
say a word and he ran quickly. To my curiosity, I followed him at once. I
looked on my watch and it's 12:59 PM. Then suddenly, a hall stumbled upon me.
It’s very magical, I was amazed.
"Good afternoon!
Good thing you went here to see me. Have a seat.” the man said.
But how can I sit? There’s
nothing in this hall. Not even a shadow of a chair was captured by my eyes. Oh
dear. I regret following the rabbit. How idiot am I to listen to a stranger! I can
feel my hands shaking. I should not act like a coward in front of this man. Who
is he? I can’t remember a thing.
“Why are you trembling
with fear? It’s okay. I won’t harm you. Try to look around and you’ll know my
identity,” he said.
I followed him. I looked
on every corner of the room. There’s nothing. Oh, I’m fooled again. I cried.
“Don’t cry my dear.
Sometimes, you just need to trust people. You don’t need to be afraid every time
you’re with a stranger. In fact, I’m not a stranger to you. I’m very sure you
know me so well.”
I stopped crying. Then a
chair popped out in front of me. It was very small that even him cannot sit on
it. But another thing popped out – a vial.
“Drink it my dear, trust
me.”
I drank the vial and I shrieked.
I became so small. Then suddenly, I felt somebody holding my hand. Now I know
who he is, the very popular Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
“Mister, I’m sorry for
being a coward earlier. I am very glad to meet you, Mr. Dodgson.”
“Nothing to be worried
about my dear. Good thing you remembered me. Well, I saw your name in the
internet and you really want to have a watch necklace just like what my rabbit
has, don’t you?”
“Yes,
I really want to. I would be very happy to have one.” I said with a big smile.
He smiled at me. I can’t
believe that a very great writer requested me to go on his place. Well, he’s
Lewis Carroll. He is the one who wrote ‘Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland’. I believe this story is a famous one. Who would
fail to remember that drink with a note saying, “Drink me!”? Or that queen who
is very mean? I guess, that adventure marked on our minds and hearts.
Lewis Carroll held my hand and we went outside the hall. I saw the
sun shining so bright. The concave mountains were so green and relaxing. The
cold breeze touched my skin. I was in paradise. We ran following his rabbit. We
played with his deck of cards. I can’t help but to smile. At that moment, I
felt that I was Alice. Alice having an adventure with him. Then suddenly, a drop of water fell on my
head. Continuously, the drop became drops. It was raining. I didn’t mind having
an umbrella shielding me with the rain. I enjoyed it.
After a few minutes, it was already 5PM. Time to go home. Time for
me to leave that place. I hugged him very tight and waved goodbye. To my
surprise, he gave me something worth-remembering. A watch necklace.
I closed my eyes and inhale deeply. Then I found myself standing
in front of a shop eyeing a blue watch necklace. It was really a day to
remember. A day of daydreaming.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento