When I was still in my second year, I've learned that junior year in CavSci would be about American Literature. I've heard of famous writers like Dante Alighieri and Christopher Marlowe. And now that I'm already in my third year in CNSHS, the piece of William Shakespeare entitled Romeo and Juliet caught my attention.
While reading this piece, I felt that I'm also involve in the story. Though it's only a piece of writing, it shows the reality nowadays. The reality that pride can ruin a relationship. If there's no room for forgiveness, we would be all miserable at best.
What a twist! I was always expecting a happy ending when a story is about love but this one was different. I've heard from other students that Romeo and Juliet died at the end. But there was still thrill when I was reading the third act of this story.
I really appreciate Shakespeare's work. There is uniqueness in his writing. He wouldn't be famous at all if he just thought of giving a happy ending to the two. But if I would be given a chance to modify the ending, I will not let Romeo die. Instead, just like what all of us want, I would let them have a happily ever after. Romeo and Juliet would be escaping their families and they will rule a place of their own. This will make their parents realize that their children learned to live on their own because of them. They learned to strive because of the problems they faced. And with that, they will stop the fight between their families - Capulet and Montague. And the birth of their grandson will let them forget about pride.

Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento